Panoramic Dental X-Ray
Panoramic Dental X-Rays
Hill Country Dental is proud to utilize panoramic dental X-rays as part of our treatment planning. This high-tech machine displays a full view of your oral cavity, helping our dentist diagnose problems with the jaw and more. For more information on panoramic dental X-rays in New Braunfels, Texas, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lara Perry, Dr. Justin Loftin, or Dr. Natalia Verona, we invite you to call us at 830-626-1002 or 830-460-3400.
What is a Panoramic Dental X-Ray?
In order to provide you with the best possible care, it is essential for our dentist to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches — including all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Using panoramic X-rays, our oral health professionals can:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors