If you clench or grind your teeth at night, Dr. Lara Perry, Dr. Justin Loftin, Dr. Natalia Verona, and Dr. Lauren Sweeney may recommend a nightguard to help resolve the issue. Our dentist and team go above and beyond to ensure that your night guard is custom-made to comfortably fit your mouth, allowing your jaw and teeth to get the relief they need. For more information on night guards in New Braunfels, Texas, please contact Hill Country Dental at 830-626-1002 or 830-460-3400.
What are Night Guards?
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist or team suspect that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity