Do you miss enjoying your favorite treats or sweets because of your teeth experiencing sharp pains when you consume them? If so, then you could be experiencing sensitive teeth. The good news is sensitive teeth can be treated, and it is a warning sign it is time to visit the dentist.
Our dentists, Drs. Perry, Gomez, and Bennet are here to help you with your oral health needs. Furthermore, our team at Hill Country Dental in New Braunfels, Texas, is excited to share with you tips on how to handle your condition.
Here is a list of tips on sensitive teeth:
– Avoid over-the-counter teeth-whitening treatments. These kits wear down your enamel and can trigger sensitive teeth. If you want to brighten your teeth, be sure to talk to a professional before you apply treatment.
– Use sensitive toothpaste options to help your teeth overcome the condition.
– Try to use a soft-bristled toothbrush that is soft on your tooth enamel, so you are not brushing too hard on your teeth.
– Fluoride can help your tooth enamel, so apply mouthwash with fluoride in it to support you.
– Talk to your dentist. Sensitive teeth could be warning you about a cavity you can’t see, or another condition your dentist will need to address.
If you need help with your oral health, or if you have concerns about your teeth, please call us today at 830-626-1002 to schedule a consultation. Our dental team is thrilled to provide assistance to help your smile stay healthy.